Monday, October 31, 2011

Meeting with Sound Designer and more animation

This week I continued work on Sequence 5, getting into one of my most difficult shots in the film: the green monster transformation. Its not done, but I took a picture of my progress so you can see it. I'm doing the majority of it on ones because it works better with a moving camera. Both transformation shots are really challenging for me because I am trying to mimic the kind of transformations in the blockhead music video. It's hard to manage all the swirly things and make it look like they are actually moving. I think I'm starting to get it a little bit. My plan tonight is to finish as much of that shot and pull together an animatic for tomorrow's presentation.



 I was surprised that the other shots took very little time to do, like 2-4 hours. I still remember some of the simplest shots in the beginning took me the whole day when I was starting out. I'm really happy I'm doing this project because now I can confidently say that I can do hand drawn animation.

I also met with a sound designer recently. Her name is Jean Tsai. We plan to start working on sound design early next semester.

1 comment:

  1. From what I saw today I think its going to be a show stopper. Someone call the fire department because Diana Ling is on FIRE.

    ReplyDelete