Thursday, March 17, 2011

layout/visdev/workbook/I don't know what this is called?

After drawing Ray with his gun I had the urge to add a background. Here's a really sketchy version of it.




I was thinking for the un-actiony scenes, the bg would be normal, and then for the actiony scenes I could play around with distortion and fish eye. I didn't pull this angle from one of my boards, but I think it might be cool to add in. The only problem is that he's pointing his gun the wrong way....

Again, to what level should I be refining vis-dev work? I plan on doing some color tests on this rough version of the bg with my copics/prismas.

1 comment:

  1. Nice BG! To answer your question, the point is to find a visual "style" for your film. So you just need two or three frames that are fully colored and rendered. It should include the BG as well. Of course, the style could develop further later, but this will help you to plan the film.

    ReplyDelete