Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ray's Gun - more development

I worked on the gun design the other day. I wanted to keep it relatively simple and bulky, not sexy looking. Cuz, well, I'm not really interested in killing myself in maya. But we'll see. perhaps I should try some other designs? I'll keep doodling. For now, I just played around with some basic color tests on the design i have now. the colors aren't official, they're just to help me get an idea of what I want.

Basic Grey

futuristic/colorful/urban 

 reminds me of darth vader

basic w/glowing lights
 futuristic/color/urban/i don't know

Playful/kid-like

Here's a more completed image to REALLY see what the gun looks like more clearly.

Finished thumbnailing my new storyboard. I'll be fixing it up and posting it later.



QUESTION: How polished are visdev/designs supposed to be? are these sketches not polished enough? What is considered presentable in the pre-production world? I want my work to look good, but I want to work fast and efficiently, so I don't want to waste time on refining every little thing. In the actual film, I would probably clean up my lines more, but here I've just scribbled. Should I be cleaning them up?

2 comments:

  1. Diana, in the "Pre-Production World" you would want to avoid the "sketchy" look unless that is the look you are going for. You will need to clean up the artwork (you just need two or three drawings) demonstrating the final polished look.

    Personally, I think the orange gun is scariest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Diana!
    I think for your student film though these are really nice. Especially the one with the guy holding it. I am a fan of the gray and blue myself. I plan on using something similar in my film. The gun looks great by the way :)

    ReplyDelete