Monday, September 19, 2011

scatterbrained....

Due tomorrow:
Layouts: Sequence 3 and 4
Assets: Outside BG
Roughs: Seq2_sc00, Seq3_sc1, Seq3_sc24, Seq3_sc15

So I made some changes to my schedule this week in terms of animation. I moved 3 shots over to next week and switched it with the sequence 4 layouts because I felt that it would be better to wait on those shots for next week so I can get a better sense of their continuity with another shot I am doing next week. I DID, however, get the sequence 3 layouts done and the outside BG.

I am a little scatterbrained right now, and have been for the past week. I can't tell if I am working too hard to working too little.

At the moment I am writing this, I am in the midst of redoing the climax of my film.  I cut out the whole part where Ray monster picks up Jin monster and gets ready to finish him off. Instead, Helen trips Ray before he can even get to Jin. I don't know if I am making any sense at all because like I said before, I am feeling quite scatterbrained. I will show it tomorrow to see what people think.

PS: I changed Helen's design a while ago, but I haven't given her a model sheet yet.

The 3D background is also coming along nicely. Here are some images of it:



The following is a test I did with Darren Kiner to figure out how to put the 2d character in 3d space. I really want to be able to do this in some of the shots in my film. It'll be a good challenge.


Lastly, here is the lineart of the bg image.


Get ready to see my animation tomorrow! :)

Due Next week:
Layouts: Sequence 5
Rough Animation: Seq3_sc7, Seq3_sc3, Seq3_sc23, Seq3_sc9, Seq3_sc21

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! I don't think you need to keep changing your film. Honestly, each version has been strong and there is no need to continuously rework your storyboard. I am a little worried that you will continue to modify the story throughout the year. It is really important that you commit to a version so you can concentrate on animating the film.

    The work looks great!

    -Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool. I'd totally hang out at Book Monster.

    ReplyDelete