Monday, September 5, 2011

Progress...

DUE Tomorrow:
roughs: Seq2_sc3, Seq2_sc8, Seq2_sc14, seq3_sc20, seq3_sc12, seq3_sc13

I've been working on animation all week this week. I wanted to see if I could get 6 scenes out of the way, and it wasn't so bad. Then again, I'm still doing the easy scenes. I still have one more scene left to go which I need to work on today. My goal for my schedule is to create certain due dates for scenes and act as if they are hard deadlines. This way I can push my way forward without getting stuck on one scene. I am a little nervous, however, because there is not much room to do any editing/fixes on the animation. I really wanted to talk to some mentors on how to improve my work, but now I am scared to because if I do, I will want to make those changes and perhaps get behind on my production schedule. Not sure how to deal with this issue.

Next week I'm planning on finishing the layouts of sequence 2, and then the rough animation of sequence 2 (except for sc.00). This includes working on layout of the toy shelf, and getting a clear outline of what it should look like.

DUE next week:
Assets: Create the toy shelf layout
Roughs: Roughs Due: Seq2_sc9, Seq2_sc11, Seq2_sc13, Seq2_sc16
Layouts: finish layouts for Seq2

I talked to Trixy the other day, and she gave me some tips on things that are a little unclear. Most of it is because my storyboards are really rough, so I think once I get in the layouts I should be fine. I plan on finishing all the layouts by October 16th, as well as the rough animation of both seq2 and seq3.


Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. On Bite Size we had the same trouble with storyboarding -- I would storyboard from the script, but then they would change the script. We made it so that the director had to "lock" the scripts before giving them to me.

    Here's a suggestion: Lock each shot in the animatic phase before animating it. This means you've shown it to teachers, classmates, whomever, and you're happy with it. The basic action of the shot will not change.

    To account for revisions, you could schedule 1 or 2 revisions for every shot no matter what. This way you won't fall behind if you have to revise, but you will get ahead if you get it right the first time. (Matt mentioned they did something similar to this on a TV show he worked on.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice. I think that if you hear critique that makes you want to make revisions (from students or faculty) you should take careful notes and not make revisions until you have completed your first pass on the animation.

    Of course, if you are able to work revisions into your schedule that's even better!

    -Sheila

    ReplyDelete