Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Inspiration for Wallflower

I don't have anything really specific in mind for Gut vs. Rationality at the moment, but here are some ideas for Wallflower.

WALLFLOWER

"The TV Show" by Kousuke Sugimoto
I really like how Sugimoto created a story line by repeating the same shots, but gradually added more elements onto them.  For the wallflower, I was thinking of doing something similar, except everything would take place in one house party.

"Nooka Race" by ILoveDust
I just love the character designs in this. Especially the furry pink guy. He looks like a wad of gum hahahha. There's just something whimsical, but gritty about everything in this animation. For Wallflower, I want to go for something whimsical and gritty too, and create characters that are cute/quirky like these dudes.

In both animations, the music is really upbeat and techno-y. I'm not that big of a fan of techno, but I seem to gravitate towards it whenever I want to make a film.


1 comment:

  1. 'Wallflower' is my favorite of the three. I like the idea that you'd be observing the party as an outsider is really neat, and it's not something you see every day. It would be fun to see you come up with all the different hat guys. And, you're really good at making your characters look or act awkward or strange in a funny way, and this party setting is perfect for that. I think the whole thing would play to your strengths.

    ReplyDelete