Monday, January 16, 2012

Starting CU and Color!

Now that I am back at school, I am on schedule to start on clean up and color! Getting set up was a bit of a hassle because of technical diffuculties trying to move my files from the mac to PC, but I think I have a handle on it now.

This past winter break, I was able to revise my rough animation so that I am completely done with that stage. After the critique last wednesday, there are a few technical, nitpicky aspects I need to consider, so I may need to tweak the rough animation a little more. I was also able to finish coloring the toy assets and the outside BG.

This week, I met up with my sound designer, Jean Tsai, and  my composer, Harrison Lee. I'm getting a much better grasp of what kind of music and sound I want, and I think my meetings with both of them went very well. I know that Bethany and Sheila do not recommend having wall to wall music, but my initial intention for the film was to create an MV. I came up with a hybrid MV style where the music would be continuous but have a strong story structure. The music would act like sound design, and the actual sound design would complement the music. I told Harrison to try and make the music very visceral so that it does not wash over the film. I'm still having my composer create some source music, just in case this plan does not work out.

I also created my first few Cleanup/colored shot! I should have approximately 8 shots completely cleaned up and colored by wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Diana- I hope Harrison can find a balance in the music- it would be a shame to lose the impact from your film which has so many great nuances.

    Do you have your latest animatic posted online? I would like to show it to Dave to get his feedback on the one shot we discussed in class.

    ReplyDelete