Monday, January 23, 2012

More Clean up and Coloring

After my CU/color experience last week, and the critique on Wednesday, I found myself really disliking the look and style of the CU/color. The lines were very thick and bold, but seemed the flatten the image. I was also having trouble going to very rough to very clean lines. I learned a lot about the actual clean up process that goes on in the professional world, and after seeing that work, every wavering/boiling line seems to bother me. There is definitely not enough time to do perfect CU, so I decided to switch to a rougher looking line.
I am a lot happier with the look of the CU/color now, but I am a little behind on my schedule now because I have to redo all of those shots for last week. Will do my best to stay on schedule.

I also got a first pass of the beginning part of the music. Aside from a few changes, it's looking pretty sweet. Harrison is an awesome composer!

check out a CU/colored shot here:

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, these lines look way better. Retains the energy of your original drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- I like the rough quality of the lines. It is much more alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also dig the wiggly lines.

    I also think you picked a nice brown for the hat. The colors look good!

    ReplyDelete